Friday 8 February 2013

E is for Egg cup - I am Queen of the Tchotchkes

Ok, I admit it I am Queen of the tchotchkes/knick knacks/trinkets, especially in my kitchen. When we moved into our new house and it had a larger kitchen, I was so happy about it for many reasons, but one of them was that I could display more tchotchkes!

One of my favourite tchotchkes are egg cups. I collect them and use them a lot because I eat eggs frequently. I'm not a morning person, so when I'm groggy, eating an egg in the morning, eating it in a cute egg cup makes the morning a little bit more fun. It's always good to start your day with a smile!

My egg cup collection, (so far...)





16 comments:

  1. that a cute little collection! Kinda wish I ate eggs that way now! thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thx! I try to get 1 on every trip I take, if I can find 1 that is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow you are a Pocillovist! That's a pretty cool collection you have going there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! I didn't know there was a name for collecting egg cups! I knew my hubby was a philatelist, (collecting stamps). Thx! I'm always looking for new ones!

      Delete
  4. oh those are SOOOO cute!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx! I'm always looking for ones with animal themes!

      Delete
  5. That's so fun! I have a big mug collection. It all depends on the mood and drink which one i pick! :)

    http://www.homeofohm.com/2013/02/abc-friday-photo-share-e-is-for-enough.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Why not have a variety of cups or mugs? I agree, it depends on how I'm feeling, to which I'll choose to use! :)

      Delete
  6. Great post...plus... I learned a new word. "tchotchkes"... All is good! Nice site,am now a follower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thanks for becoming a follower! Tchotchke is kinda like a Polish slang word. It's funny to say, but not funny to try to spell!

      Delete
  7. Those are some adorable egg cups! I have fond memories of my mom using cute eggs cups when I was a kid. I should so break those out....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx! I remember eating soft boiled eggs a lot as a kid too, but we didn't have cute cups! Hopefully when my son's older he'll appreciate eating eggs out of them! :)

      Delete
  8. Love them! We have a few ourselves - I'll have to send you a photo :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx! Please do send a photo, I'd love to see them! I'm always searching for new ones, especially when we're travelling.

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Thx, that's one of my favs too! I got it at an Antique show!

      Delete